As we celebrate World Tourism day on September 27 2021 , read on to know why Ahalia Ayurvedic Heritage Village in Kerala is your perfect destination to explore medical tourism. A perfect amalgamation of nature and facilities for extensive health care ,rejuvenation and improving mental health.
“Ayurveda” is a Sanskrit term meaning Knowledge of Life. Dhanvantari, the father of Ayurveda introduced this traditional system of Indian medicine dating back its origin to as much as 3000 years ago. Ayurveda constitutes a perfect balance between body, mind, and spirit on one’s health and well-being. Kerala is the birthplace of Ayurveda and hence it is emerging as a primary health tourism hub for its Ayurveda therapy.
Ahalia Group was established in the year 1984 by Dr. VS Gopal.
Ahalia Campus is the most sought-after destination for Ayurvedic medical tourism and it is situated at the foothills of the Western Ghats in Palakkad District in Kerala.
Ahalia Ayurvedic Heritage Village: This cultural heritage of Kerala is one of its kind destinations for medical tourism with 9 rainwater harvesting systems acting as artificial lakes. As soon as you enter the village, you will be welcomed with ancient rock sculptures depicting the history of Ayurveda. All these are a visual treat to anyone entering this zone.
Following treatments are offered that are tailor-made by doctors for individual patient’s body constitution and lifestyle. The treatment is multifaceted focusing on the root cause of the disease.
· Traditional treatments, which protect the body from diseases and promote health benefits such as digestion and mental health. Abhyangam, Pizhichil, Dhara, Njavarakizhi, Ilakizhi, Narangakizhi, Udwarthanam, Njavarathepu, Podikizhi, Tarpana, Urovasthi are some of the purification therapy which rejuvenates body and mind.
· Curative treatments such as Roga Prashamana Chikitsa are recommended for various conditions like Joint Disorder, Skin disease, Respiratory disease, Gastrointestinal disease, Liver disorder, Obstetric and Gynaecological conditions, Eye & ENT condition, Cardiology, Geriatrics, Development disorder, and many more.
· Health promotion package with Swasthya Samvardhana Chikitsa, wherein Ahalia provides a planned food diet after consultation with the doctor, Daily regimen practice which includes procedures such as Nasyam (nasal installation of medicine) and Karna pooranam (applying oil into ears), this is performed to cleanse body and mind.
Other Treatment Includes:
· Leech Therapy
· Detoxifying Therapy
· Special treatment for Piles, Fistula & Fissure
· Immunity Boost Up treatment
· Post Covid Revitalization treatment
· Aesthetic treatment
· Rejuvenation treatment
Ahalia Ayurveda Lake House Cottages: It is paramount to follow a specific diet (Pathya) and routine for the patients undergoing treatment in Ayurveda. Ahalia’s Lakehouse Cottages is an integrated unit under Ahalia Ayurveda Hospital. Situated inside a breathtaking campus offering a serene and calm environment. One can delve into the beauty of this place with its rich flora and fauna. There are 16 Lakehouse cottages, fully furnished 2BHK units with Wifi connection, 24*7 physician and nursing service, Vegetarian food that is palatable and easy to digest, transportation, and many other unique features.
Ahalia Ayurveda Medical college hospital It is a NABH Accredited, multispecialty 100 bedded hospital. They offer authentic Ayurveda health care therapies along with an in-house staying facility. This hospital contains all the required sections which include:
1. Ahalia Women and Children’s Hospital: This hospital is one of the largest Gynaecology and Paediatrics hospitals in Kerala, India with World-class infrastructure and facilities. The hospital boasts of a devoted and experienced team of doctors and nurses. Complimented with a well-equipped NICU department to treat newborns.
2. Ahalia Foundation Eye hospital: This is the only JCI accredited eye hospital in South India to win prestigious joint commission International US accreditation for providing eye care at par with international standards. They even have a dedicated Eye bank center for Corneal transplantation.
3. Ahalia Diabetes hospital: The best diabetes hospital in Palakkad, Kerala. It is a 100 bedded hospital with an expansion of 50 more in the second phase. Along with diabetic treatment, special complimentary services such as radiology, endocrinology, podiatry, nephrology, diet, and lifestyle management are provided to patients.
Other Services Include:
· Manasaroga (Psychiatry)
· Kaumarabhritya (Paediatrics)
· Prasooti Tantra (Obstetrics)
· ENT and Dental Unit
· Shalyatantra (Department of Surgery and Orthopaedics)
Ahalia Medicine Manufacturing Unit (AMMU): Ahalia does not believe in compromising on quality when it comes to Ayurvedic medicines, this is the reason for maintaining their own homegrown fresh herbs required for manufacturing medicines. Focusing on the government initiative of Atmanirbhar Bharat and producing the medicines locally, Ahalia has been manufacturing quality medicines at international standards since 2014. Fully automated machines like tablet punching machine, blister packing machine, and capsule machine. They have a well-equipped laboratory with regular quality checks and Research and development activities.
If you are looking for a quick getaway for a rejuvenation of the body and soul, Check out Ahalia Foundation now !