Lord Ganesh is a God in the Hindu Pantheon who is a marker of Auspicious beginnings. He is also believed to be the remover of Obstacles (Dukhhartha) and remover of Sorrows (Vighnahartha) and Supreme Lord of Intelligence.
Sankashti Chaturthi also known as Sankatahara Chaturthi is a day celebrated on the 4th day of Krishna Paksha (Waning Moon) in every Lunar Month of Hindu Calendar. Angaraki Sankashti Chaturthi falling on a Tuesday is considered highly important among all days.
Common Rituals followed on Sankashti Chaturthi are:
1. Booking Puja in Ganesh Temples. TemplelinksApp – A Hindu devotional platform – A mobile application that facilitates Online Puja Bookings, Donations, Live Darshan and Virtual Queue
2. Observing fast on this day. One can consume fruits, vegetables, root vegetables liquid diet. The fast is usually broken after the main Puja
3. The main Puja is usually done in the evening, after the Moonrise. The idol is worshipped with flowers, Druva Grass, fresh flowers and incenses.
4. Famous Modak and Laddoo Prasad from Ujjain can be booked from TemplelinksApp. Apart from Lord Ganesha, Moon is also worshipped on this day, Water, Chandan, Rice and flowers are offered in the direction of the moon.
5. Slokams like Sankashtahara sthothra and Vakrathunda Mahakaya in TemplelinksApp, under Live Darshan channel.
Chintaman Ganesh Temple: This Temple is the biggest and the second most prominent temple located in Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh). The origins of the temple are steeped in the mists of time, but the Paramara rulers of Malwa are credited with building the structure during the 11th and 12th centuries. It was later renovated by the Maratha kings, the structure as it stands today is believed to be around 250 years old.
Booking Pujas in this temple will help to remove all obstacles and hardships.
Special Puja for Ganesh Sankashti: Aarti Puja for Rs.1100/-
Indianoor Maha Ganapathy Temple: This Temple is located in the Malappuram district of Kerala. It is believed that the Prathishta of this temple happened after Naranathu Branthan – (Naranathu Branthan the son of Vararuchi, the famous astrologer of that time, who adorned the court of King Vikramadithya.)
Booking Pujas in this temple will help to remove Poverty.
Special Puja for Ganesh Sankashti: Ottayappam for Rs.30/-
Sree Ganapathi Temple: This temple is located in the Palakkad district of Kerala. The idols can always be seen decorated with flowers and lights, illuminating the entire sannithi. The structure of the temple and the placement of the idols is based on Sarvabeeshta Sadhaka and seen under an age old Banyan tree.
Booking Pujas in this temple will remove the obstacles to progress and happiness
Special Puja for Ganesh Sankashti: Appam Moodal for Rs.1001/-
Lord Ganesha is the popular God of Hindus. It is believed that devotees worship Ganesha on this day for a prosperous life by following the above rituals. The most gracious god who can be easily pleased with devotion, Prayer and Puja offerings, he can relieve people of all their sins and confer a place in the abode of Lord Ganesh called Svananda Loka.
DOWNLOAD TEMPLELINKS NOW
Templelinks is a mobile application that connects temples to devotees virtually and offers varied services such as online puja booking, donations , virtual queue , prasadam delivery , audio and image gallery etc. Templelinks enables you to book Puja for your loved ones with Multiple profile management and SMS alert systems. The payments are directly transferred to the temple bank account and there are zero processing charges . To be a part of this digital devotional experience, download the app now from
Play Store / App Store !